S. Korean diplomat discusses NK human rights with US envoy
时间:2023-12-02 14:00:14 出处:요리阅读（143）
A senior South Korean diplomat has held talks with the new US special envoy for North Korean human rights and agreed to cooperate in launching a consultative body to better address the rights situation in the North, Seoul's foreign ministry said Tuesday.
Chun Young-hee, director general for the Korean Peninsula peace regime, and Ambassador Julie Turner met Monday and discussed efforts to coordinate over North Korean human rights issues, it said.
Turner, who is currently visiting Seoul on a three-day trip, was officially sworn in Friday, ending more than six years of vacancy at the post.
Chun congratulated Turner on her appointment, saying the two countries could strengthen joint efforts to improve North Korea's human rights situation and hold the North accountable for the issue.
He also proposed launching a consultative body on North Korea's human rights to discuss specific cooperative measures between the two countries, according to the ministry.
The two sides agreed to maintain close communication to launch the consultative body via diplomatic channels at the earliest date possible. (Yonhap)
- Hamas weapons, tactics resemble those of NK: JCS
- Reeling from election loss, ruling party picks new leader posts
- MBK chairman makes donation to promote Korean art at New York's Met
- Biden says Hamas must be eliminated, US officials warn war could escalate
- 탄약 찾는 러…국방부 "北컨테이너 적재량, 포탄 수십만발 분량"
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains
- US strategic bomber B
- Welcome Daehakro Festival lights up Seoul's stage hub
- 北, 日의 장거리미사일 조기 배치 추진에 “전쟁국가 일본 실체”