Truck crash leaves 2 dead, 2 injured
时间:2023-12-02 13:29:00 出处:자동차阅读（143）
Two people have died and two have been injured in an accident involving a 15-ton cargo truck, which crashed into a traffic control office Thursday morning in Jeongseon-gun, Gangwon Province.
As a result of the impact, much of the temporary building was destroyed and fell into the adjacent Jijangcheon, a stream running through the area.
Three people, all employees of the Jeongseon-gun Traffic Management Office, were reported to be inside the temporary structure at the time of the crash.
Among them, a 28-year-old surnamed Ko has died, and the body of a 38-year-old surnamed Na was in the stream after two hours of searching, according to local media reports. Another other employee surnamed Kim, 39, sustained serious injuries, including a fractured pelvis, and has been hospitalized.
The truck, which was carrying lime, also fell into the stream, covering the surrounding areas with lime powder. The driver, 63, reportedly suffered minor injuries and has been taken to hospital.
The driver told police there was a problem with the truck's brakes, saying they failed to work as the vehicle traveled downhill. The police further added that the driver showed no signs of intoxication.
The truck was reportedly overloaded, but an investigation into the incident is still ongoing, an official from the Jeongseon Police Station said in an interview with local media.
- 김성원 여의도연구원장 "공천장사 지라시, 허위사실 유포로 고소"
- 여당, 총선변수에 고심…“쇄신한 민주당과 대결 준비해야”
- Benois de la Danse winner Kang Mi
- Broadcom to appeal S. Korean regulator's fine over unfair Samsung Electronics deal
- Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
- Will Kep1er disband? Project group eyes extension with 'Magic Hour'
- Govt. to survey spending on private education of preschoolers, Suneung retakers
- Major Korean firms fare worse than US counterparts in H1
- Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities